Director, Research Job Posting
Longwoods International is a leader in the travel and tourism research field with over 40 years of experience in market research. Established in 1978 as a market research consultancy, Longwoods International is a respected leader in visitor, image, sentiment, brand strategy, custom, and ROI research. With offices in Ohio, Wisconsin, Georgia, Florida and Toronto and over 150 clients of all sizes, Longwoods conducts strategic market research for public- and private-sector clients throughout North America, Europe and the Pacific Rim.
Longwoods International has an opening for a Director of Research to join its team. This position will work with two audiences: the Longwoods clients as well as the internal team. As the client evangelist and expert, this position will help Longwoods internally better understand our clients’ goals and challenges to effectively design research solutions, and for our clients, this position will help them achieve their goals through our research.
This role will design research solutions and guide clients through the Longwoods data and deliverables, helping them apply and see value in the research. The Director will be responsible for development of new clients as well as retention of existing clients, and will oversee the completion and delivery of client deliverables and projects to guarantee quality and an on-time delivery. This role will include managing assigned client relationships directly, as well as serving as a brand ambassador for Longwoods via attendance at key industry gatherings, speaking appearances, and other duties as assigned.
- Minimum five years of account management experience, including renewal and revenue management, preferably in travel/tourism
- Five or more years of experience in designing and conducting research, analyzing and interpreting data and writing research finding reports from quantitative studies
- Experience working with both qualitative and quantitative research
- Experience translating client needs into solution design, and project and relationship management
- Bachelor’s degree (required), advanced degree preferred
- Master’s degree (recommended)
Ideal Candidate will have the following skills:
- Strong communication skills (written, verbal, presentation), with the ability to explain technical subjects to non-technical end-user personnel
- Quick learner with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Competent in Microsoft Office including Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint, and Salesforce
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Data and statistical knowledge
- Passion for working with clients and a desire to deeply understand their needs, benefits, use cases to grow client relationships
Job type: Full-time
Location: Columbus, OH or remote
Work authorization: United States (required)
Interested candidates contact:
Andria N Godfrey, Senior Vice President [email protected]