Research Services Manager Job Posting
Longwoods International, a market research consultancy, is a leader in the travel and tourism research field with over 44 years of experience. Longwoods International is a respected leader in visitor, image, sentiment, branding, and ROI research. With offices in Ohio, Toronto, Wisconsin, and Florida, Longwoods conducts strategic market research for public- and private- sector clients throughout North America, Europe, and the Pacific Rim.
Longwoods International has a unique opportunity for a research manager to take their skills to the next level and help our clients better utilize our data and to create actionable insights. This position reports to the Vice President, Research and will work closely with both our Client Services and Production teams to meet client needs and exceed their expectations. The ideal candidate will have a passion for market research, customer service, a basic understanding of the travel industry, and be a strong team player.
The ideal candidate will have a solid market research experience with a focus on quantitative research mythology and analysis. Please note that the majority of this role will be in support of the client-facing team - knowledge of traditional research is necessary to effectively assist our clients and partners.
• Serve as a resource for quantitative research best practices
• Be an integral part of multiple aspects of client deliverables including report creation, analysis, data entry and chart/table creation in Excel and PowerPoint
• Review and edit survey questionnaires
• Review survey links and presentation documents
• Qualitative research experience is a plus
- Client Support/Management:
The ideal candidate will be a member of the Longwoods client-facing team and have the opportunity to develop their management skillset.
• Assist the Vice President, Research and Director of Client Services as they liaison for the internal Longwoods team and multiple clients
• Develop a deep understanding of the clients’ needs and usage of research and data sources
• Interact with clients on day-to-day project communication
• Assist during client meetings in person or via Zoom
• Manage the RFP assets library
• Some travel to industry events and client meetings
- 4 or more years of experience in designing and conducting research, analyzing, and interpreting data and writing research finding reports from quantitative studies
- 3 years or more of either working for a Destination Marketing Organization (DMA) or in a client or account management for a vendor
- Experience in tourism or the travel industry a plus
- Bachelor’s degree (required)
- Master’s degree (preferred)
Ideal Candidate will have the following skills:
- Quick learner with the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- Ability to multi-task and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
- Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills, and ability to quickly learn new software tools
- Knowledge of SPSS or similar data analytics tools
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Data and statistical knowledge
- Experience with survey programming and analysis platforms preferred
- Knowledge of qualitative research and reporting a plus
Job type: Full-time
Location: Columbus, OH or Remote
Work authorization: United States (required)
Apply via email only to [email protected] with the Subject Line: Research Services Manager.
Please include resume, cover letter, and references.